A rigorous sport like badminton helps the body’s overall muscles tone up. A badminton racket and a badminton shuttlecock are thus required for playing the game. High-quality shuttlecocks are just as important as high-quality rackets.
The essential equipment for this great activity is a badminton shuttlecock, commonly known as a “bird,” “birdie,” or “shuttle,” two rackets, and a friend.
It would be ideal if you could also obtain a net. The shuttlecock you choose is just as crucial as the rackets you choose.
Top Badminton Shuttlecocks
Nylon Shuttlecocks by Yonex, Model Mavis 300
Although the Yonex Mavis 300 shuttlecocks are a fantastic value, it’s vital to remember that they could not perform and feel as well as feather shuttlecocks.
Cost-effectiveness: The Mavis 300 shuttlecocks’ low price is one of its key benefits. Since they are less expensive than feather shuttlecocks, they are a preferred option for players seeking respectable performance without the additional price.
The Yonex Mavis 300 Nylon Shuttlecock is a genuine contender for the best value award, giving you 3 bundles with exactly 18 shuttles. There are, of course, options on this list that offer even more shuttles, but those options’ quality does decrease.
LED Badminton Shuttlecocks ZHENAN
Even though the Ohuhu LED shuttlecocks have LED lights, the ZHENAN LED Badminton Shuttlecocks are better in this way. These shuttlecocks’ LED lights are SMD lamps, making them much safer.
It’s important to know that ZHENAN LED Badminton Shuttlecocks are mainly made for fun and are rarely used in professional or competition settings.
LED Badminton Shuttlecocks are made to last and take the hits that come with regular badminton play. But it’s essential to be careful with them to avoid getting hurt.
Another good thing about these shuttlecocks is that they can last for a long time because they are made well. You get some very strong shuttlecocks when you add nylon thread to this.
Carlton Shuttles for Badminton
- Carlton GT1: High-end feather shuttlecocks made for competitive play include the Carlton GT1.
- GT2 Carlton: It is frequently used in practice and competitive play since it has good longevity and flight stability.
- Carlton T800: A synthetic shuttlecock made for practice and leisure is the Carlton T800.
- Carlton Vapour Trail S-Lite: The synthetic Carlton Vapour Trail S-Lite shuttlecock suits slower play speeds.
Furthermore, you may play these shuttles outside without worrying that someone will miss you. The contrast between the white feather and the yellow edges makes it possible for this feature to exist.
Who Should Buy These?
Generally, all badminton players should buy several shuttlecocks (1 is typically insufficient). Still, if you’re a competitive player who enjoys playing games and contests, you might want to obtain the feather shuttlecock.
Casual game players might consider purchasing some plastic shuttlecocks if they wish to play in an outside setting with some wind, have a garden party, or spend some time and exercise with friends and family.
How will you know the shuttle speed of a shuttlecock?
A shuttlecock weight and speed chart for badminton
- 76 grains per 1: 4.85 g to 4.91 g: suited for highland areas or 27 °C or above.
- 77 grains/ 2: 4.92 g to 4.97 g: appropriate for 22 °C to 27 °C, highland to sea level area.
- For temperatures between 18 and 22 degrees Celsius, 78 grains per 3: 4.98 to 5.04g.
- For temperatures of 18°C or lower, sea level to below sea level, 79 grains/ 4: 5.05g to 5.11g are appropriate.
Which color shuttlecock travels the fastest?
A shuttlecock’s speed is not innately influenced by its color. Generally speaking, a shuttlecock’s design, structure, and materials dictate its speed. Feather shuttlecocks and synthetic (nylon/plastic) shuttlecocks are the two primary varieties of shuttlecocks used in badminton.
- The fastest shuttlecock and one designed for cold weather are those with red color caps.
- The medium-speed blue cap shuttlecock is designed for mid-conditions and has a blue tint.
- The green hue of the cap on the shuttlecock denotes that it is a sluggish shuttlecock designed for hot weather.